- You will visit Tanzania
- This tour starts and ends in Arusha or Moshi (Tanzania)
- You will visit Mount Kilimanjaro
- Activities: Trekking
- Trekking Route: Marangu Route
- Tour type: Private or Group trek
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
Day by Day trekking Itinerary
Day 1 : Kilimanjaro National Park Gate to Mandara Hut
After breakfast and briefing, drive to the Kilimanjaro Park Gate (about 45 minutes), register and start the climb. Walking through the rainforest to the Mandara Campsite. A side trip to Maundi Crater here is a good to see the surroundings including Northern Tanzania and part of Kenya. In the rainforest, look for towering Eucalyptus foliage trees, bird life, and rare Colobus monkeys. Meals: Lunch and Dinner: Mandara Hut
Day 2 : Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut
You leave the glades of the rainforest and follow an ascending trail on the open moorlands to the Horombo camp. Views of Mawenzi and the summit of Kibo are amazing. Look for giant lobelias and grounsels. You may begin to feel the affects of the altitude. Meals: BLD Horombo Hut
Day 3 : Horombo Hut
Rest day at Horombo Hut with optional hike by Mawenzi Peak. Meals: BLD | Horombo Hut
Day 4 : Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut
Ascending, we now pass the last watering point, walking onto the saddle of Kilimanjaro between the peaks of Kibo and Mawenzi. Vegetation begins with upper heathland but then disappears into “moonscape”. Dinner, rest, and prepare for summit kilimanjaro. Meals: BLD Kibo Hut
Day 5: Kibo Camp to Summit then Horombo Hut
Early in the morning (midnight to 2am), commence the climb to the summit on steep and heavy scree or snow up to Gilman’s point located on the crater rim. Continuing, we now ascend to Uhuru Peak, which is the highest point in Africa. There are unbelievable views at every turn. Have your picture taken at the summit to show your friends and family. From here we descend, stopping for lunch and a rest at Kibo before continuing on to the Horombo encampment.
The beginning of this climb is done in the dark and requires headlamps or flashlights. It will be very cold until you start descending, so you will need all of your warm layers. This is by far the most difficult part of the trek with many switchbacks. Going slowly “pole pole” and an optimistic attitude will get you there! Meals: BLD | Horombo Hut
Day 6: Horombo Hut to Moshi
After breakfast, a steady descent takes us down through moorland to the Mandara Hut. Continue descending through lush forest path to the National Park gate at Marangu. At lower elevations, it can be wet and muddy. Gaiters and trekking poles will help. Shorts and t-shirts will probably be plenty to wear (keep rain gear and warmer clothing handy).
Our driver will meet you at Marangu village/gate and drive you back to your hotel in Moshi or Arusha.
- 2 transfers from Moshi to Machame park gate –return
- 3 meals per day while trekking – Vegetarian/Non-Vegetarian
- 6 days Kilimanjaro trek- Marangu
- 5 nights accomodation in camps while trekking Marangu
- First and Last night accommodation at excellent hotel in Moshi -Bed and Breakfast.
- All park entrance fees and government levies
- English speaking mountain Guide and assistant guides
- Porters- a maximum of 3 per client
- Tips to the crew
- Visa and Flights
- Gloves, Sun glasses, Sleeping bag, Hats , Rain suits, Warm Jacket,
- Heavy boots, Scarf’s, Rain Trousers, tents
Note: All the above items can be hired at a reasonable price
End of Itinerary !!
You can customize your own packages by dropping us an email at email@example.com or fill the contact form below