The Tarangire National Park is located between the meadows of Masai Steppe to the south east and the lakes of the Great Rift Valley to the north and west. Among the rolling area where the park lies, it occupies an area of 2,600 square kilometers. The perennial Tarangire River takes over the northern part of Tarangire.
The wild animals in this park differ depending on the season. It is also linked to the fact that Tarangire is just a part of the bigger ecosystem. Many of the animals leave the park during the months of November to May. The zebras as well as large herds of wildebeests move into the north-western direction towards the Rift Valley floor amongst the large numbers of animals that spread across the large open areas of the Masaai Steppe. The game goes back to the Tarangire swamps during the dry season around the months of June to October most especially, the river system. This is noted as the best season hence enjoy the best of animal viewing during your safari visit to Tarangire around this time. You will obviously see big numbers of elephants gather here as well as the wildebeests and zebras.
The impalas also exist in large numbers as well, eland, buffalo and giraffes.Bohor reedbuck, Thompson’s gazelle, greater and lesser kudu and the Coke’s hartebeest. On really some rare occasions, the common usual gerenuk and fringe –eared Oryx are also seen. A few black rhinos are also thought to be still present in this park.
Among the other common animals in the Tarangire are the leopards, lions, hyenas, and cheetah that seem to be popular within the southern open areas. The wild dogs are only seen once in a while
The birds within the Tarangire are also quite many, there are over 500 species that have been identified here. The lovebirds that are yellow collared, the shy starlings are in plenty and widespread in Tanzania.
- You will visit Tanzania
- This tour starts and ends in Arusha or Moshi (Tanzania)
- You will visit Tarangire National Park
- Activities: Game drives
- Vehicle type: pop-up roof 4×4 Land Cruiser Safari vehicle
- Tour type: Private tour – Budget, Mid-range Lodge & Tented Camp to Luxury
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
Tarangire National Park – Day trip itinerary
After breakfast at your stay in Arusha, you are met by our professional driver guide, who will deliver a short safari info briefing, after which you depart to Tarangire National Park. The park runs along the line of the Tarangire River and is mainly made up of low-lying hills on the Great Rift Valley floor. Its natural vegetation mainly consists of Acacia woodland and giant African Baobab trees, with huge swamp areas in the south. Both the river and the swamps act like a magnet for wild animals, during Tanzania’s dry season. The Tarangire National Park is reputed to contain some of the largest elephant herds in Africa. You will enjoy a picnic lunch inside the park and do two exciting morning and afternoon game drives, along the Tarangire River. Game drive takes you till late afternoon when head back to Arusha town and drop off at the place of your choice.
- All parks entrance fees and transfers
- Picnic lunch while on safari as indicated
- Professional, friendly and experienced English speaking guide/driver,
- Transportation in 4×4 Land Rover/Land Cruiser vehicle with pop up roof for easy viewing and photos taking,
- Unlimited game drive
- All government taxes
- Drinking bottled water 2 liter per day per person
- WIFI on board
- Tips to the crew
- Visa & Flights
- All personal items of nature such as alcoholic drinks and beverages.
End of Itinerary
You can customize your own packages by dropping us an email at email@example.com or fill the contact form below